Welcome to the web pages of the BDA Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMH) specialist group.
The CAMH group membership is made up of BDA members who are specialist Dietitians and who work within a CAMH setting.
The BDA CAMH specialist group aims are to:
- Provide a communication network for CAMH dietitians;
- Provide a peer supervision and CPD network for CAMH dietitians;
- Act as an information resource for dietitians and other health professionals;
- Promote CAMH dietetic education at undergraduate and post graduate levels.
- Development of resources
The group works within the rules of a committee belonging to the BDA.
CAMH Dietitians will cover a number of clinical areas ranging from:
- Eating disorders - anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, binge eating disorder and avoidant restrictive food intake disorder (ARFID) to name a few,
- Learning difficulties,
- Tier 4 specialist in-patient units (general adolescent, psychiatric intensive care units and eating disorder units),
- Tier 3 specialist services (eating disorders, learning disability and CAMH)
- Pervasive Arousal Withdraw Syndrome (PAWS)
Who are we?
- Chair – Sian Taylor (email@example.com)
- Vice Chair – Sarah Fuller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary – Sally Burne (email@example.com)
- PR – Claire Knight (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Membership – Samantha Bailey (email@example.com)
- Next meeting and AGM will be Wednesday 4th March 2020.
- 10am - 4pm - please bring your own lunch
- St Andrews Hospital, Northampton, NN1 5DG - room TBC nearer the time, please contact Samantha Bailey if you are interested in attending