The purpose of the Branch is:
- To provide opportunities for networking with a variety of members from different disciplines and organisations;
- To provide educational updates or discussion forums on non specialist clinical/professional issues of general interest;
- Promote the role of the BDA in the region, including recruitment and retention of members – especially students;
- To facilitate cross-departmental collaboration on local/regional projects;
- To provide two-way communication between the BDA and members within that region;
- To provide an opportunity for CPD;
- To provide a link with regional Specialist subgroups.
The committee have a number of roles available, please click the links below for more informaiton -
Develop valuable job skills – volunteering is a great way to discover something that you are really good at and also develop new skills. Many roles offer the opportunity to gain career enhancing skills, such as leadership, project management, marketing, and negotiating and finance management. We also offer formal training for some roles.
Make new contacts and friends – volunteering gives you the opportunity to broaden your networks and can expose you to new friends who have common interests. It is also a fantastic opportunity to meet new people who may become future colleagues or mentors. Many committee members also find it fun!
Developing the profession – working as part of a committee team, you are leading and ensuring the provision of CPD, providing vital opportunities for dietitians to network and offering them the opportunity to hear updates and best practice in a wide variety of different areas. This is contributing to the development and advancement of the profession and ultimately driving demand for dietetics.