Mrs Lisa Rowlands
2.1 BSc Hons Nutrition & Dietetics, PG Diploma in Applied Sports Nutrition - Distinction
I have 18 years of clinical NHS experience working in many areas. My passion is to provide reliable, practical and tailored evidence based nutrition information to help individuals make sustainable long-term changes to improve their health.
I am an empathetic, friendly and caring dietitian who can offer personalised nutrition for a range of clinical conditions. I offer flexible one-to-one appointments, as well as video / virtual consultations to suit your needs. My main areas of interest include:
- Renal (kidney)
- Gastroenterology (irritable bowel syndrome (FODMAP trained), small intestinal bacterial overgrowth, coeliac disease, chronic constipation or diarrhoea, diverticular disease)
- Women's health including peri-menopause, menopause, endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome
- Fertility (both men & women)
- Hypothyroidism & Hashimoto's thyroiditis
- Hyperthyroidism & Graves' disease
- Sports nutrition
Previously, I was a long distance runner which is why I became interested in food, nutrition and it’s importance in applying sensible daily eating plans to ensure the provision of adequate fuel to fulfill sporting potential and recovery. As a dietitian who has an interest in sports nutrition, I am passionate about working with sports enthusiasts / athletes to empower and enable them to make informed timely food choices based on up to date scientific research.
- 2.1 BSc Honours degree in Human Nutrition & Dietetics
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Sports Nutrition passed with Distinction
- BDA course on Irritable Bowel Syndrome – Evidence based first-line dietary management
- BDA course on Low FODMAP Diet for IBS
- ‘Trained on the use of a low FODMAP diet for IBS by Monash University’
- Diploma in Mindful Nutrition
- Diploma in Gut-brain connection
- Nerva app training - Nerva IBS clinicians course
- Completed specialist training - 'Fertility course for healthcare professionals'.
- Registered Dietitian with Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Full member of British Dietetic Association (mBDA)
- BDA Freelance Dietitians Groups
- BDA Gastroenterology Specialist Dietitians Groups
If you have had a recent diagnosis or are struggling or anxious about your symptoms with an existing medical condition and would like to find out how evidence based nutrition can support you, then please email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am here to help you.