The Diabetes Specialist Group aims to provide a forum for dietitians with a specialist role or interest in the care of children or adults with diabetes.
- To support dietitians in providing high quality, evidence-based dietetic care for people with diabetes
- Improving the profile of dietitians within the diabetes multidisciplinary team.
- Share good practice and resources through study days, regional events, this website, the discussion forum, newsletter and our facebook page
As a BDA specialist group we work closely with the BDA, Diabetes UK and other agencies including all the UK’s governments to contribute to training, education and guidelines for dietitians, people with diabetes and the wider healthcare team.
The BDA Diabetes Specialist Group has one subgroup:
- Paediatric Diabetes subgroup: a group for Dietitians who work or are interested in children and young people with Diabetes.
This sub-group is free to join as a BDA Diabetes Specialist Group member.
- NEW: BDA policy statement: Low carbohydrate diets for the management of Type 2 diabetes in adults
- Dietary fat consumption in the management of type 2 diabetes
- Diabetes UK 2018 Nutritional Guidelines
- Diabetes UK position statement on low carb diets for people with diabetes
- Artificial sweeteners
For more information, explore the site or contact a member of the Diabetes Specialist Group Committee. To request changes or to ask that information be added to the website please contact the website co-ordinator (details under 'Meet the Committee')