The Renal Nutrition Group (RNG) is for registered dietitians who work or have an interest in the specialist field of renal medicine and nutrition through clinical practice or research. The RNG promotes the role of the renal dietitian in the multidisciplinary team to service users and healthcare professionals. It also acts as the source of expertise in renal nutrition. Established in 1970, it is committed to delivering accurate, comprehensive information to facilitate standardised practice and demonstrate clinical effectiveness in the UK.
The BDA Renal Nutrition specialist group is dynamic; throughout the year it delivers expert advice and encourages sharing of practice to meet the needs of the diverse roles of the renal dietitian via online group discussions, evidence based resources, audit databases, research, business meetings, professional development days and courses.
The aims of the BDA Renal Nutrition group for 2015-2018 are:
- To support the BDA with the consultation for dietitians to be given supplementary prescribing rights.
- To develop national evidence based outcome measures for renal dietetic intervention.
- To encourage and support renal dietitians to undertake regular audit and research to demonstrate the effectiveness of their input.
- To work with the food industry to establish the facts on the use of relevant food additives and discuss how this may affect people with CKD.
- To promote the role of renal dietitians within the MDT to service users and other health care professionals through attendance at national conferences and courses.
- To support consistency of practice by facilitating sharing of educational resources. To develop and review national RNG diet sheets and supporting evidence based rationale documents.
To join the BDA Renal Nutrition specialist group, see the Joining a Specialist Group page.
For more information contact;
Secretary, Louise Jackson: Louise.Jackson@sth.nhs.uk (working days Wednesday, Thursday, Friday)
Chair, Harriet Williams: firstname.lastname@example.org