The Renal Nutrition Group (RNG) is the leading source of expertise for renal nutrition in the UK. Our membership is made up of over 360 dietitians who have an interest in the specialist field of renal medicine and nutrition, through clinical practice or research.
We work to promote the role of the renal dietitian within our multidisciplinary teams, to our service users and to other healthcare professionals. We are committed to delivering accurate, comprehensive information to facilitate standardised practice and demonstrate clinical effectiveness.
The BDA Renal Nutrition specialist group is dynamic; throughout the year it delivers expert advice and encourages sharing of practice to meet the needs of the diverse roles of the renal dietitian. Our members share online discussions, evidence based resources, audit databases, research, business meetings, professional development days and courses.
The aims of the BDA Renal Nutrition group for 2018-2020 are:
- To support and develop UK high quality evidence based dietetic practice within renal nutrition.
- To provide up to date evidence based information on dietary treatment of renal conditions to dietitians and other health professionals.
- To encourage and enable continued educational development within our membership.
- To promote the benefits of the dietitian's role working in renal nutrition.
- To provide clear and easy to understand evidence based information to dietitians, patients, other health care providers and the media/public.
Benefits of Membership
- Subscription to Journal of Renal Nutrition
- Access to RNG Discussion Forum with opportunity to ask advice/professional opinions from other Renal Dietitians within the RNG
- Discounted rates at study days and opportunities to apply for awards for funded places at professional meetings/conferences
To join the BDA Renal Nutrition specialist group, see the Joining a Specialist Group page.
For more information contact;
Secretary: Oonagh Gooding
Chair: Bruno Mafrici