Welcome to the home of the BDA Sustainable Diets specialist group. This group represents HCPC registered dietitians with a specialist role or interest in sustainable diets, planetary health and environmentally friendly nutrition.
We represent a developing area of dietetics covering all specialties.
The aims of the BDA Sustainable Diets specialist group are to:
- Act as a forum for sharing information, develop high quality evidence based practice and contribute to and develop national guidelines within the areas of sustainable diets
- Act as a voice of professional expertise and raise the profile of dietitians working in sustainability
- Encourage and enable continued professional development (CPD) within our membership
- To be an effective champion for planetary health nutrition and sustainability within and behalf of the BDA, by identifying priority issues and themes that the network can promote, raising debate and discussion among BDA members, and shaping BDA policy, position statements and press releases
- To support members in accessing a range of appropriate professional development activities and opportunities for planetary health nutrition practice, and where appropriate to advocate for this provision
- Access to an exclusive network of UK wide dietitians working in or with interest in the area of sustainable diets in a closed discussion forum
- Find out about upcoming events via newsletters or announcements (meetings, CPD sessions, workshops, webinars, study days/ conferences)
- Use of official group membership logo
- Discounted rate for study days
For more information, explore the site or contact a member of the BDA Sustainable Diets Specialist Group committee. All committee members can be contacted via SustainableDiets@bda.uk.com
Please note: The BDA Sustainable Diets specialist group does not give advice directly to individual members of the public.